Concern Over Adult Behavior, Adult Partying, Not Kids
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Adult drinking, partying and questionable behavior is a well known phenomenon in several South Palm Beach County gated communities on Halloween. While kids trick or treat, adults in golf carts drive around with alcohol and sometimes, more.
Medical professionals and school district officials this year fear communities that permit this behavior to continue will be creating “super-spreader” events — a night where COVID-19 is unwittingly transmitted by those who believe the mere act of being outside prevents spread. These activities are well known in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach.
“These are not the brightest people on a normal day,” said one physician‘s assistant who asked to remain anonymous. “We are already seeing a COVID case increase in our office. If 50 or 100 people come together for a Halloween drinking event, it’s going to be bad.”
One Palm Beach County School District source echoed the concern.
“We’re not concerned about kids contracting COVID by taking a piece of candy from a dish at the end of someone’s driveway,” said the official. “But we are very concerned about adults acting poorly, drinking, piling on golf carts, letting their guard down and creating a spreading event. Then adults then pass on COVID to kids who bring it into the school building.”
There have not been official Halloween cancellations — yet — from area HOA’s, country clubs or gated communities, although BocaNewsNow.com has learned several are considering such a move, or other restrictions.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens