School Board To Reconsider Vote Approving Rehiring Of Ex-Spanish River Principal William Latson
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The one-time Spanish River principal who questioned whether the Holocaust is real or not could find himself fired a second time.
William Latson was fired by the school district last year after he told a parent that it wasn’t for him to say whether the Holocaust happened or not. That led to outrage in not just Boca Raton’s Spanish River High School school community but around the world as the comments received international attention.
But the firing — which Latson contested — led to an administrative law judge determining that he school district went too far in terminating Latson’s $152,000/year job. The school board, fearing litigation that could cost more than $152,000, rehired Latson last week — but that’s led to more controversy even though Latson was to be assigned to a back office role in a non-school building.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned of major protests in the planning stages from Jewish organizations in Palm Beach County.
School Board Chairman Frank Barbieri added this agenda item to next week’s school board meeting:
“I recommend the Board rescind the vote that was taken at the October 7, 2020 Special Meeting on Agenda Item COS1 “Adoption of Final Order – Palm Beach County School Board v. William Latson.” In the event the Board affirmatively votes to rescind its prior approval of Agenda Item COS1, the Board shall discuss changes to the Administrative Law Judge’s Recommended Order that it wishes to be incorporated into a new Final Order and vote on a date and time to consider and adopt it.”
No immediate response from Latons’ legal team.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop