BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
ATLANTA, GA (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delta Airlines flight crew ordered the removal of a passenger heading to Fort Lauderdale from Atlanta Friday night when that passenger refused to wear a mask.
BocaNewsNow.com was on board Delta 1415 at 10 p.m. when the large, tattooed man violated the airline’s mandatory mask policy while the plane was still at the gate. Flight attendants, and then a Delta supervisor, explained to the the passenger that he was required to wear a mask for the entire flight. He declined. After a cockpit consultation between Delta supervisors, a flight leader and the pilot, the man was ordered off of the airplane. Passengers applauded as the man was escorted back into the airport.
Delta Airlines Spokesperson Elizabeth Ninomiya told BocaNewsNow.com that the resulting delay was 34 minutes.
“We apologize to our customers for the delay on Flight 1415 as a passenger was removed from the flight for non-mask compliance,” she told BcoaNewsNow.com on Saturday.
Delta Airlines has been among the most vigilant in ensuring that passengers wear masks over their mouths and noses for entire flights, with very brief exceptions for quick food or drink consumption. Delta continues to block middle seats and and is keeping passenger capacity to 60 percent.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Asbsent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List