BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
ATLANTA, GA (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delta Airlines flight crew ordered the removal of a passenger heading to Fort Lauderdale from Atlanta Friday night when that passenger refused to wear a mask.
BocaNewsNow.com was on board Delta 1415 at 10 p.m. when the large, tattooed man violated the airline’s mandatory mask policy while the plane was still at the gate. Flight attendants, and then a Delta supervisor, explained to the the passenger that he was required to wear a mask for the entire flight. He declined. After a cockpit consultation between Delta supervisors, a flight leader and the pilot, the man was ordered off of the airplane. Passengers applauded as the man was escorted back into the airport.
Delta Airlines Spokesperson Elizabeth Ninomiya told BocaNewsNow.com that the resulting delay was 34 minutes.
“We apologize to our customers for the delay on Flight 1415 as a passenger was removed from the flight for non-mask compliance,” she told BcoaNewsNow.com on Saturday.
Delta Airlines has been among the most vigilant in ensuring that passengers wear masks over their mouths and noses for entire flights, with very brief exceptions for quick food or drink consumption. Delta continues to block middle seats and and is keeping passenger capacity to 60 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman