BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
ATLANTA, GA (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delta Airlines flight crew ordered the removal of a passenger heading to Fort Lauderdale from Atlanta Friday night when that passenger refused to wear a mask.
BocaNewsNow.com was on board Delta 1415 at 10 p.m. when the large, tattooed man violated the airline’s mandatory mask policy while the plane was still at the gate. Flight attendants, and then a Delta supervisor, explained to the the passenger that he was required to wear a mask for the entire flight. He declined. After a cockpit consultation between Delta supervisors, a flight leader and the pilot, the man was ordered off of the airplane. Passengers applauded as the man was escorted back into the airport.
Delta Airlines Spokesperson Elizabeth Ninomiya told BocaNewsNow.com that the resulting delay was 34 minutes.
“We apologize to our customers for the delay on Flight 1415 as a passenger was removed from the flight for non-mask compliance,” she told BcoaNewsNow.com on Saturday.
Delta Airlines has been among the most vigilant in ensuring that passengers wear masks over their mouths and noses for entire flights, with very brief exceptions for quick food or drink consumption. Delta continues to block middle seats and and is keeping passenger capacity to 60 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog