It’s Starting To Look Like A Second Wave. 21,948 New Cases This Week, FL Death Count Approaches 16,000.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida recorded 4,025 positive COVID-19 tests on Friday, marking the highest number of positive tests in a single day in at least a month. The death count increased by 87. Florida’s positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health, is 5.21-percent based on Friday’s tests. Johns Hopkins says the 7 day moving average is 12.5-percent.
Florida added 21,948 confirmed COVID-19 cases this week with 746 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 205 new cases were added on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 9 new deaths. There have been 63 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County this week with 1,101 new cases. The positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health is 3.82-percent.
There are now at least 48,870 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,487 deaths. Statewide, there are at least 752,481 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 15,917 deaths.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot