It’s Starting To Look Like A Second Wave. 21,948 New Cases This Week, FL Death Count Approaches 16,000.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida recorded 4,025 positive COVID-19 tests on Friday, marking the highest number of positive tests in a single day in at least a month. The death count increased by 87. Florida’s positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health, is 5.21-percent based on Friday’s tests. Johns Hopkins says the 7 day moving average is 12.5-percent.
Florida added 21,948 confirmed COVID-19 cases this week with 746 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 205 new cases were added on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 9 new deaths. There have been 63 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County this week with 1,101 new cases. The positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health is 3.82-percent.
There are now at least 48,870 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,487 deaths. Statewide, there are at least 752,481 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 15,917 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.