It’s Starting To Look Like A Second Wave. 21,948 New Cases This Week, FL Death Count Approaches 16,000.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida recorded 4,025 positive COVID-19 tests on Friday, marking the highest number of positive tests in a single day in at least a month. The death count increased by 87. Florida’s positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health, is 5.21-percent based on Friday’s tests. Johns Hopkins says the 7 day moving average is 12.5-percent.
Florida added 21,948 confirmed COVID-19 cases this week with 746 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 205 new cases were added on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 9 new deaths. There have been 63 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County this week with 1,101 new cases. The positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health is 3.82-percent.
There are now at least 48,870 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,487 deaths. Statewide, there are at least 752,481 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 15,917 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified