BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District Saturday morning passed a milestone — there are now 102 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the school district. The split remains almost even between employees and students.
After BocaNewsNow.com’s exclusive reporting on COVID-19 dashboard issues, schools not telling parents in a timely manner that a child or teacher in their child’s classroom is infected, and contact tracing problems in the schools, the school district revamped its notification process on Friday. We broke that story Wednesday.
The dashboard, while better, continues to be incomplete. BocaNewsNow.com is aware of several infection confirmations not yet added to the dashboard. As a result of our reporting, the dashboard is now being updated twice a day.
Here is the current list of schools reporting three cases or more. We’ll link to the dashboard, below.
Binks Forest Elementary (2 employees, 1 student), Boca Raton Community Middle (2 students, 1 employee), Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary (2 employees, 1 student); Del Prado Elementary (2 students, 1 employee); Diamond View Elementary (3 students, 1 employee); Panther Run Elementary (3 students, 1 employee); Plumosa School of the Arts (3 employees); Polo Park Middle (3 students, 2 employees); Turning Points Academy (3 employees); Whispering Pines Elementary (2 students, 2 employees).
In total: 53 students have tested positive for COVID-19, 49 employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
The complete dashboard is here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record