Majority Of Infections On Boca Raton Campus
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Atlantic University continues to be forthcoming with COVID-19 data, reporting a cumulative total mid-day Sunday of 218 students and 17 employees testing positive for Coronavirus. The campus distribution is 97.9-percent on the Boca Raton Campus, 1.3-percent on the Jupiter Campus, .4-percent each on the Davie Campus and Harbor Branch campus.
The active case count is much lower, as FAU reports 35 students and four employees are currently dealing with active COVID-19 infections. The numbers do not mean that all are symptomatic, but rather that they have tested positive for COVID-19 and have reported those tests to the school. Of the 35 students and 4 employees, all are enrolled at the Boca Raton campus.
Florida Atlantic University has taken the extraordinary measure of creating a dashboard that updates every 30 minutes, providing realtime data to not just FAU students and staff but the communities in which FAU operates.
The dashboard does not break down how many of the infected students live in university housing.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record