Majority Of Infections On Boca Raton Campus
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Atlantic University continues to be forthcoming with COVID-19 data, reporting a cumulative total mid-day Sunday of 218 students and 17 employees testing positive for Coronavirus. The campus distribution is 97.9-percent on the Boca Raton Campus, 1.3-percent on the Jupiter Campus, .4-percent each on the Davie Campus and Harbor Branch campus.
The active case count is much lower, as FAU reports 35 students and four employees are currently dealing with active COVID-19 infections. The numbers do not mean that all are symptomatic, but rather that they have tested positive for COVID-19 and have reported those tests to the school. Of the 35 students and 4 employees, all are enrolled at the Boca Raton campus.
Florida Atlantic University has taken the extraordinary measure of creating a dashboard that updates every 30 minutes, providing realtime data to not just FAU students and staff but the communities in which FAU operates.
The dashboard does not break down how many of the infected students live in university housing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates