Majority Of Infections On Boca Raton Campus
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Atlantic University continues to be forthcoming with COVID-19 data, reporting a cumulative total mid-day Sunday of 218 students and 17 employees testing positive for Coronavirus. The campus distribution is 97.9-percent on the Boca Raton Campus, 1.3-percent on the Jupiter Campus, .4-percent each on the Davie Campus and Harbor Branch campus.
The active case count is much lower, as FAU reports 35 students and four employees are currently dealing with active COVID-19 infections. The numbers do not mean that all are symptomatic, but rather that they have tested positive for COVID-19 and have reported those tests to the school. Of the 35 students and 4 employees, all are enrolled at the Boca Raton campus.
Florida Atlantic University has taken the extraordinary measure of creating a dashboard that updates every 30 minutes, providing realtime data to not just FAU students and staff but the communities in which FAU operates.
The dashboard does not break down how many of the infected students live in university housing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again