Atlantic Hurricane Season Not Over Yet, 90 Percent Chance Of Formation Over Next Five Days
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Hurricane Center is watching yet another system off of Florida’s east coast. The system has an 80 percent chance of developing into a tropical depression or tropical storm over the next 48 hours, and a 90 percent chance of developing over the next five days. The system — marked by the red X — appears to be well north of South Florida, but this is the sort of hurricane season where keeping an eye on everything is a good idea.
The next storm name is Epsilon.
Here is the official Sunday morning update from the National Hurricane Center.
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: 1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a non-tropical low pressure system located about 550 miles east-southeast of Bermuda have been gradually increasing in both coverage and organization during the past 24 hours. Further development is expected, and a subtropical depression or storm is very likely to form during the next day or so while the low meanders well to the southeast of Bermuda. * Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent. 2. A broad area of low pressure is expected to form in a couple of days over the southwestern Caribbean Sea. Some gradual development of this system will be possible through the middle of the week as it moves slowly northward or north-northwestward over the western Caribbean Sea. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges