UPDATE 3:31 p.m: The Turnpike is now opened, but I-95 is closed Southbound at Congress.
UPDATED: 1:34p.m. with scene photos, traffic camera photos showing significant backups.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (12:33 p.m. October 20, 2020) — A major crash has closed Florida’s Turnpike southbound at Glades Road.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue reports a tractor trailer and “multiple cars” are involved. Officials are encouraging all motorists to seek alternate routes.
While northbound remains open, expect significant gaper delays over the next few hours. It continues to be overcast and rainy in west Boca Raton.
FL511 — the Florida Department of Transportation — has posted this to its advisory list:
Police activity in Palm Beach County on Floridas Turnpike South, at Exit 81: Atlantic Avenue/SR-806, and traffic backed up to before Mile Marker 82. On-ramp closed, All lanes blocked. Last updated at 12:24 PM.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge