UPDATE 3:31 p.m: The Turnpike is now opened, but I-95 is closed Southbound at Congress.
UPDATED: 1:34p.m. with scene photos, traffic camera photos showing significant backups.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (12:33 p.m. October 20, 2020) — A major crash has closed Florida’s Turnpike southbound at Glades Road.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue reports a tractor trailer and “multiple cars” are involved. Officials are encouraging all motorists to seek alternate routes.
While northbound remains open, expect significant gaper delays over the next few hours. It continues to be overcast and rainy in west Boca Raton.
FL511 — the Florida Department of Transportation — has posted this to its advisory list:
Police activity in Palm Beach County on Floridas Turnpike South, at Exit 81: Atlantic Avenue/SR-806, and traffic backed up to before Mile Marker 82. On-ramp closed, All lanes blocked. Last updated at 12:24 PM.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach