UPDATE: 5:22 p.m. — The highway is open but the right shoulder is blocked near the scene. Expect significant delays through rush hour. Consult FDOT’s FL511.com for real time conditions. This is our last update on this crash
UPDATE: 3:45 p.m. — Boca Raton Police report that two lanes northbound are now open, but heavy delays continue and are expected for some time.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Scene Active 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 20, 2020) — It’s a tough day on area roads. Just as Florida’s Turnpike at Glades Road reopened following a major crash involving a semi-truck and several cars, I-95 is now shut at Congress.
Boca Raton Fire Rescue reports a crash on I-95 led to the closure. Florida 511 cameras reveal a significant traffic backup. It is a multi-car incident.
Traffic is being routed off of I-95 at Congress.
FDOT’s FL511 is using this language:
Multi-vehicle crash in Palm Beach County on I-95 North, at Exit 50: Congress Ave. All lanes blocked. Last updated at 03:16 PM.
Check back for updates.
…This is a developing story…
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed