UPDATE: 5:22 p.m. — The highway is open but the right shoulder is blocked near the scene. Expect significant delays through rush hour. Consult FDOT’s FL511.com for real time conditions. This is our last update on this crash
UPDATE: 3:45 p.m. — Boca Raton Police report that two lanes northbound are now open, but heavy delays continue and are expected for some time.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Scene Active 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 20, 2020) — It’s a tough day on area roads. Just as Florida’s Turnpike at Glades Road reopened following a major crash involving a semi-truck and several cars, I-95 is now shut at Congress.
Boca Raton Fire Rescue reports a crash on I-95 led to the closure. Florida 511 cameras reveal a significant traffic backup. It is a multi-car incident.
Traffic is being routed off of I-95 at Congress.
FDOT’s FL511 is using this language:
Multi-vehicle crash in Palm Beach County on I-95 North, at Exit 50: Congress Ave. All lanes blocked. Last updated at 03:16 PM.
Check back for updates.
…This is a developing story…
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism