UPDATE: 5:22 p.m. — The highway is open but the right shoulder is blocked near the scene. Expect significant delays through rush hour. Consult FDOT’s FL511.com for real time conditions. This is our last update on this crash
UPDATE: 3:45 p.m. — Boca Raton Police report that two lanes northbound are now open, but heavy delays continue and are expected for some time.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Scene Active 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 20, 2020) — It’s a tough day on area roads. Just as Florida’s Turnpike at Glades Road reopened following a major crash involving a semi-truck and several cars, I-95 is now shut at Congress.
Boca Raton Fire Rescue reports a crash on I-95 led to the closure. Florida 511 cameras reveal a significant traffic backup. It is a multi-car incident.
Traffic is being routed off of I-95 at Congress.
FDOT’s FL511 is using this language:
Multi-vehicle crash in Palm Beach County on I-95 North, at Exit 50: Congress Ave. All lanes blocked. Last updated at 03:16 PM.
Check back for updates.
…This is a developing story…
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care