Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida positivity rate just hit its highest point in at least two weeks — not counting the data tabulation issue from October 9th. The positivity rate based on Monday’s reporting is 6.17-percent. Florida added 3,611 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday. The death count is now 16,105 — up 84 from the previous day’s report. There are now 760,389 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, 232 new cases were recorded on Monday — that’s the highest “new” case count in at least two weeks. The death count rose by 13 — it’s now 1,510. The Palm Beach County positivity rate also soared from 2.62 percent to 5.50 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Health, is now 12.2-percent. The Florida Department of Health uses the term “pediatric” for anyone 18 or under.
We note that Johns Hopkins seemingly dismisses the Florida Department of Health numbers and reports the seven day moving average for the state to be 12.0 percent, and trending up.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs