Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida positivity rate just hit its highest point in at least two weeks — not counting the data tabulation issue from October 9th. The positivity rate based on Monday’s reporting is 6.17-percent. Florida added 3,611 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday. The death count is now 16,105 — up 84 from the previous day’s report. There are now 760,389 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, 232 new cases were recorded on Monday — that’s the highest “new” case count in at least two weeks. The death count rose by 13 — it’s now 1,510. The Palm Beach County positivity rate also soared from 2.62 percent to 5.50 percent.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Health, is now 12.2-percent. The Florida Department of Health uses the term “pediatric” for anyone 18 or under.
We note that Johns Hopkins seemingly dismisses the Florida Department of Health numbers and reports the seven day moving average for the state to be 12.0 percent, and trending up.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District