No Answers About Why Report Not Released.
UPDATE: 6:58 PM — The report was released a short time ago following an unprecedented delay by the Florida Department of Health. The headline: the Florida positivity rate has increased to 6.74-percent, deaths increased by 105, infections increased by 2,159. Total numbers: 762,534 infections in Florida, 16,210 deaths. In Palm Beach County: infections increased by 86. There are now 49,380 infections in Palm Beach County and 1,553 COVID-19 deaths.
Full analysis, report with Thursday’s update.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are no answers this hour from the Florida Department of Health about why it has not released its daily COVID-19 death and infection report. The report, released daily at 11:30 a.m., is still missing as of 4:20 p.m. The DOH’s websites have also not been updated. It’s unclear why the information is not being made public.
Nationally, the focus is shifting back to Florida as the state’s numbers are mirroring what’s happening in much of the country — an increase, and at times a dramatic increase — in COVID-19 infections.
This is not the first data issue of note. The state removed the daily “death” information from its county and state reports. The information is still available — the public has to subtract today’s numbers from yesterday’s numbers — but it’s no longer a line item in the information provided by Florida officials.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police