No Answers About Why Report Not Released.
UPDATE: 6:58 PM — The report was released a short time ago following an unprecedented delay by the Florida Department of Health. The headline: the Florida positivity rate has increased to 6.74-percent, deaths increased by 105, infections increased by 2,159. Total numbers: 762,534 infections in Florida, 16,210 deaths. In Palm Beach County: infections increased by 86. There are now 49,380 infections in Palm Beach County and 1,553 COVID-19 deaths.
Full analysis, report with Thursday’s update.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are no answers this hour from the Florida Department of Health about why it has not released its daily COVID-19 death and infection report. The report, released daily at 11:30 a.m., is still missing as of 4:20 p.m. The DOH’s websites have also not been updated. It’s unclear why the information is not being made public.
Nationally, the focus is shifting back to Florida as the state’s numbers are mirroring what’s happening in much of the country — an increase, and at times a dramatic increase — in COVID-19 infections.
This is not the first data issue of note. The state removed the daily “death” information from its county and state reports. The information is still available — the public has to subtract today’s numbers from yesterday’s numbers — but it’s no longer a line item in the information provided by Florida officials.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home