No Answers About Why Report Not Released.
UPDATE: 6:58 PM — The report was released a short time ago following an unprecedented delay by the Florida Department of Health. The headline: the Florida positivity rate has increased to 6.74-percent, deaths increased by 105, infections increased by 2,159. Total numbers: 762,534 infections in Florida, 16,210 deaths. In Palm Beach County: infections increased by 86. There are now 49,380 infections in Palm Beach County and 1,553 COVID-19 deaths.
Full analysis, report with Thursday’s update.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are no answers this hour from the Florida Department of Health about why it has not released its daily COVID-19 death and infection report. The report, released daily at 11:30 a.m., is still missing as of 4:20 p.m. The DOH’s websites have also not been updated. It’s unclear why the information is not being made public.
Nationally, the focus is shifting back to Florida as the state’s numbers are mirroring what’s happening in much of the country — an increase, and at times a dramatic increase — in COVID-19 infections.
This is not the first data issue of note. The state removed the daily “death” information from its county and state reports. The information is still available — the public has to subtract today’s numbers from yesterday’s numbers — but it’s no longer a line item in the information provided by Florida officials.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County