No Answers About Why Report Not Released.
UPDATE: 6:58 PM — The report was released a short time ago following an unprecedented delay by the Florida Department of Health. The headline: the Florida positivity rate has increased to 6.74-percent, deaths increased by 105, infections increased by 2,159. Total numbers: 762,534 infections in Florida, 16,210 deaths. In Palm Beach County: infections increased by 86. There are now 49,380 infections in Palm Beach County and 1,553 COVID-19 deaths.
Full analysis, report with Thursday’s update.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are no answers this hour from the Florida Department of Health about why it has not released its daily COVID-19 death and infection report. The report, released daily at 11:30 a.m., is still missing as of 4:20 p.m. The DOH’s websites have also not been updated. It’s unclear why the information is not being made public.
Nationally, the focus is shifting back to Florida as the state’s numbers are mirroring what’s happening in much of the country — an increase, and at times a dramatic increase — in COVID-19 infections.
This is not the first data issue of note. The state removed the daily “death” information from its county and state reports. The information is still available — the public has to subtract today’s numbers from yesterday’s numbers — but it’s no longer a line item in the information provided by Florida officials.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: NOW MORE THAN ONE MILLION CASES OF COVID-19
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two More Systems Forming
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical