System May Become Tropical Depression “Zeta” If It Intensifies.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The hurricane season that won’t end continues to be full of surprises. The National Hurricane Center is watching the “yellow x” that you see in the map above. It’s just a tropical wave at this point but its possible area of formation includes a region that is quite close to South Florida. We point out that the yellow “oval” isn’t a track — it’s the region where a storm could develop.
[IF THIS REPORT IS DATED, PLEASE FIND FOR OUR MOST CURRENT UPDATE HERE.]
Even if this does not become Tropical Depression Zeta, it may bring continued wet weather to the region. Here is the Thursday morning tropical outlook from the National Hurricane Center.
ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 800 AM EDT Thu Oct 22 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane Epsilon, located over the west-central Atlantic a few hundred miles southeast of Bermuda. 1. A trough of low pressure located over the western Caribbean Sea is producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms which primarily extend near Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Cuba. Some slow development of this system is possible during the next few days while it moves northeastward near western or central Cuba, the Straits of Florida and the Bahamas through the weekend. Regardless of development, locally heavy rainfall is possible over portions of Cuba, South Florida, and the Bahamas through early next week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday