System May Become Tropical Depression “Zeta” If It Intensifies.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The hurricane season that won’t end continues to be full of surprises. The National Hurricane Center is watching the “yellow x” that you see in the map above. It’s just a tropical wave at this point but its possible area of formation includes a region that is quite close to South Florida. We point out that the yellow “oval” isn’t a track — it’s the region where a storm could develop.
[IF THIS REPORT IS DATED, PLEASE FIND FOR OUR MOST CURRENT UPDATE HERE.]
Even if this does not become Tropical Depression Zeta, it may bring continued wet weather to the region. Here is the Thursday morning tropical outlook from the National Hurricane Center.
ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 800 AM EDT Thu Oct 22 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane Epsilon, located over the west-central Atlantic a few hundred miles southeast of Bermuda. 1. A trough of low pressure located over the western Caribbean Sea is producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms which primarily extend near Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Cuba. Some slow development of this system is possible during the next few days while it moves northeastward near western or central Cuba, the Straits of Florida and the Bahamas through the weekend. Regardless of development, locally heavy rainfall is possible over portions of Cuba, South Florida, and the Bahamas through early next week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman