Funding To Help Curb Vandalism, Other Issues In County Parks.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Media Advisory Verbatim)— Palm Beach County Vice Mayor Weinroth announced the Board of County Commissioners has unanimously approved a $251,000 allocation for increased presence of Park Rangers in county parks due to an increase in vandalism, property damage and ordinance violations within the parks after hours.
“While the majority of these problems are happening after hours, this needs to be addressed,” said Weinroth.
“Preserving the quality of our parks is a priority and keeping everyone safe is even more important,” he added.
This increased ranger patrol will endure a 24-hour presence within the park system to deter unwelcome and prohibited conduct or activity.
Park rangers provide oversight, monitoring and enforcement of park rules to 84 park properties within the park system from 7 a.m. – 11p.m., seven days a week. The allocation will provide the necessary salaries to hire additional Park Rangers to provide after-hour patrols.
Currently, these incidents have required a response from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office. This will allow the deputies to remain on their scheduled road patrol assignments.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Providing Medical Care Without A License
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera