Funding To Help Curb Vandalism, Other Issues In County Parks.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Media Advisory Verbatim)— Palm Beach County Vice Mayor Weinroth announced the Board of County Commissioners has unanimously approved a $251,000 allocation for increased presence of Park Rangers in county parks due to an increase in vandalism, property damage and ordinance violations within the parks after hours.
“While the majority of these problems are happening after hours, this needs to be addressed,” said Weinroth.
“Preserving the quality of our parks is a priority and keeping everyone safe is even more important,” he added.
This increased ranger patrol will endure a 24-hour presence within the park system to deter unwelcome and prohibited conduct or activity.
Park rangers provide oversight, monitoring and enforcement of park rules to 84 park properties within the park system from 7 a.m. – 11p.m., seven days a week. The allocation will provide the necessary salaries to hire additional Park Rangers to provide after-hour patrols.
Currently, these incidents have required a response from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office. This will allow the deputies to remain on their scheduled road patrol assignments.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District