Funding To Help Curb Vandalism, Other Issues In County Parks.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Media Advisory Verbatim)— Palm Beach County Vice Mayor Weinroth announced the Board of County Commissioners has unanimously approved a $251,000 allocation for increased presence of Park Rangers in county parks due to an increase in vandalism, property damage and ordinance violations within the parks after hours.
“While the majority of these problems are happening after hours, this needs to be addressed,” said Weinroth.
“Preserving the quality of our parks is a priority and keeping everyone safe is even more important,” he added.
This increased ranger patrol will endure a 24-hour presence within the park system to deter unwelcome and prohibited conduct or activity.
Park rangers provide oversight, monitoring and enforcement of park rules to 84 park properties within the park system from 7 a.m. – 11p.m., seven days a week. The allocation will provide the necessary salaries to hire additional Park Rangers to provide after-hour patrols.
Currently, these incidents have required a response from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office. This will allow the deputies to remain on their scheduled road patrol assignments.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ANOTHER ONE?! TROPICAL WAVE GROWING EAST OF FLORIDA
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday