16,349 Now Dead In Florida From COVID-19, According To Department of Health
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID count continues to increase in Florida, as the state records another 3,720 new confirmed cases on Thursday through 11:59 p.m with 73 new deaths. Palm Beach County added 235 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday with 9 new deaths.
The numbers paint an increasingly ominous picture about what may be ahead. While the positivity rates continue to fluctuate wildly, infections and deaths are trending up.
Based solely on Thursday’s test logging, Florida’s positivity rate is 4.0 percent with Palm Beach County reporting 3.19 percent. Johns Hopkins University reports Florida’s positivity rate — over a 7 day rolling average — as 12.9 percent and heading up.
Here are the total state numbers from the Florida Department of Health: Statewide, Florida has recorded 771,780 COVID-19 infections with 16,340 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 49,988 positive tests are officially logged with 1,558 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch