16,349 Now Dead In Florida From COVID-19, According To Department of Health
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID count continues to increase in Florida, as the state records another 3,720 new confirmed cases on Thursday through 11:59 p.m with 73 new deaths. Palm Beach County added 235 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday with 9 new deaths.
The numbers paint an increasingly ominous picture about what may be ahead. While the positivity rates continue to fluctuate wildly, infections and deaths are trending up.
Based solely on Thursday’s test logging, Florida’s positivity rate is 4.0 percent with Palm Beach County reporting 3.19 percent. Johns Hopkins University reports Florida’s positivity rate — over a 7 day rolling average — as 12.9 percent and heading up.
Here are the total state numbers from the Florida Department of Health: Statewide, Florida has recorded 771,780 COVID-19 infections with 16,340 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 49,988 positive tests are officially logged with 1,558 deaths.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away