16,349 Now Dead In Florida From COVID-19, According To Department of Health
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID count continues to increase in Florida, as the state records another 3,720 new confirmed cases on Thursday through 11:59 p.m with 73 new deaths. Palm Beach County added 235 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday with 9 new deaths.
The numbers paint an increasingly ominous picture about what may be ahead. While the positivity rates continue to fluctuate wildly, infections and deaths are trending up.
Based solely on Thursday’s test logging, Florida’s positivity rate is 4.0 percent with Palm Beach County reporting 3.19 percent. Johns Hopkins University reports Florida’s positivity rate — over a 7 day rolling average — as 12.9 percent and heading up.
Here are the total state numbers from the Florida Department of Health: Statewide, Florida has recorded 771,780 COVID-19 infections with 16,340 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 49,988 positive tests are officially logged with 1,558 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge