INVESTIGATORS: Cohen Not Registered Dealer, Advisor, But Took $1.2M From Investor For Cannabis Company
UPDATE 9:14 A.M. Friday, October 23, 2020: We now have the arrest report which you can read below. Cohen is accused of taking more than $1M from an “investor,” even though he is — according to investigators — not licensed as “registered dealer, investment advisor or associated person.” Cohen allegedly operated under the name “ECP Capital Partners.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Friday morning but the Palm Beach County Jail reports that David Bruce Cohen is facing multiple charges relating to fraud.
According to jail records, Cohen was booked into jail at 10:47 Thursday morning on the following charges: “Fraud — Money Laundering 100k Or More,” “Fraud, Swindle, Obtain Property (valued at) $50,000 Or More,” and “Grand Larceny — First Degree $100,000 or more.”
Cohen, 58, of the 12700 block of Hyland Circle in the Boca Falls community, was released on $450,000 bond according to jail records. Cohen was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
This article will be updated when the probable cause affidavit is completely processed by the clerk of courts, likely later on Friday.Cohen_Robert_arrest
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail