INVESTIGATORS: Cohen Not Registered Dealer, Advisor, But Took $1.2M From Investor For Cannabis Company
UPDATE 9:14 A.M. Friday, October 23, 2020: We now have the arrest report which you can read below. Cohen is accused of taking more than $1M from an “investor,” even though he is — according to investigators — not licensed as “registered dealer, investment advisor or associated person.” Cohen allegedly operated under the name “ECP Capital Partners.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Friday morning but the Palm Beach County Jail reports that David Bruce Cohen is facing multiple charges relating to fraud.
According to jail records, Cohen was booked into jail at 10:47 Thursday morning on the following charges: “Fraud — Money Laundering 100k Or More,” “Fraud, Swindle, Obtain Property (valued at) $50,000 Or More,” and “Grand Larceny — First Degree $100,000 or more.”
Cohen, 58, of the 12700 block of Hyland Circle in the Boca Falls community, was released on $450,000 bond according to jail records. Cohen was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
This article will be updated when the probable cause affidavit is completely processed by the clerk of courts, likely later on Friday.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs