INVESTIGATORS: Cohen Not Registered Dealer, Advisor, But Took $1.2M From Investor For Cannabis Company
UPDATE 9:14 A.M. Friday, October 23, 2020: We now have the arrest report which you can read below. Cohen is accused of taking more than $1M from an “investor,” even though he is — according to investigators — not licensed as “registered dealer, investment advisor or associated person.” Cohen allegedly operated under the name “ECP Capital Partners.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Friday morning but the Palm Beach County Jail reports that David Bruce Cohen is facing multiple charges relating to fraud.
According to jail records, Cohen was booked into jail at 10:47 Thursday morning on the following charges: “Fraud — Money Laundering 100k Or More,” “Fraud, Swindle, Obtain Property (valued at) $50,000 Or More,” and “Grand Larceny — First Degree $100,000 or more.”
Cohen, 58, of the 12700 block of Hyland Circle in the Boca Falls community, was released on $450,000 bond according to jail records. Cohen was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
This article will be updated when the probable cause affidavit is completely processed by the clerk of courts, likely later on Friday.Cohen_Robert_arrest
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area
- HURRICANE IAN STARTS TO WEAKEN, BUT IT’S NOT OVER YET IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade