Florida Death Count now 16,417. Palm Beach County Loses 1,561 Lives.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that 4,433 new cases of COVID-19 were logged on Friday, statewide, through 11:59 p.m. The death count statewide increased by 77.
In Palm Beach County, 322 new COVID-19 cases were recorded with 3 new deaths.
Statewide, at least 16,417 people have died from COVID-19 with at least 776,251 confirmed COVID-19 infections. In Palm Beach County, the total death count is now 1,561 with 50,316 cases.
While both the State of Florida and Palm Beach County report positivity rates under 4 percent, we point you today to a Palm Beach Post article (link below) explaining why Johns Hopkins University continues to report a positivity rate over 12 percent. The difference, to keep it simple, has to do with how the the Florida Department of Health is counting repeat positive and negative tests. The state is using a method that favors the public perception of a lower positivity rate. Johns Hopkins is using a method that favors math and science.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman