Florida Death Count now 16,417. Palm Beach County Loses 1,561 Lives.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that 4,433 new cases of COVID-19 were logged on Friday, statewide, through 11:59 p.m. The death count statewide increased by 77.
In Palm Beach County, 322 new COVID-19 cases were recorded with 3 new deaths.
Statewide, at least 16,417 people have died from COVID-19 with at least 776,251 confirmed COVID-19 infections. In Palm Beach County, the total death count is now 1,561 with 50,316 cases.
While both the State of Florida and Palm Beach County report positivity rates under 4 percent, we point you today to a Palm Beach Post article (link below) explaining why Johns Hopkins University continues to report a positivity rate over 12 percent. The difference, to keep it simple, has to do with how the the Florida Department of Health is counting repeat positive and negative tests. The state is using a method that favors the public perception of a lower positivity rate. Johns Hopkins is using a method that favors math and science.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit