Florida Death Count now 16,417. Palm Beach County Loses 1,561 Lives.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that 4,433 new cases of COVID-19 were logged on Friday, statewide, through 11:59 p.m. The death count statewide increased by 77.
In Palm Beach County, 322 new COVID-19 cases were recorded with 3 new deaths.
Statewide, at least 16,417 people have died from COVID-19 with at least 776,251 confirmed COVID-19 infections. In Palm Beach County, the total death count is now 1,561 with 50,316 cases.
While both the State of Florida and Palm Beach County report positivity rates under 4 percent, we point you today to a Palm Beach Post article (link below) explaining why Johns Hopkins University continues to report a positivity rate over 12 percent. The difference, to keep it simple, has to do with how the the Florida Department of Health is counting repeat positive and negative tests. The state is using a method that favors the public perception of a lower positivity rate. Johns Hopkins is using a method that favors math and science.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday