Palm Beach County Passes 50,000 COVID-19 Infections.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 positivity rate in Palm Beach County jumped from 2.67 percent to 5.14 percent in just one day, based on tests logged Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The jump puts Palm Beach County ahead of the State of Florida as a whole which reports a positivity rate as 4.71 percent based on tests logged Saturday.
While those numbers seem almost acceptable, Johns Hopkins University says Florida’s positivity rate is actually 10.2 percent, but for the first time and what we believe to be a long time, the 7 day moving average from Johns Hopkins is trending down. We reported yesterday on the math used by Johns Hopkins versus the “good news skewing” approached used by Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Health.
In Sunday’s report from the Florida Department of Health: Palm Beach County added 208 new COVID-19 tests with no new deaths. There are now a total of 50,525 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,561 deaths.
Statewide, Florida reports 778,636 infections with 16,429 deaths. Florida added 2,364 infections and 12 deaths on Saturday.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday