Palm Beach County Passes 50,000 COVID-19 Infections.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 positivity rate in Palm Beach County jumped from 2.67 percent to 5.14 percent in just one day, based on tests logged Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The jump puts Palm Beach County ahead of the State of Florida as a whole which reports a positivity rate as 4.71 percent based on tests logged Saturday.
While those numbers seem almost acceptable, Johns Hopkins University says Florida’s positivity rate is actually 10.2 percent, but for the first time and what we believe to be a long time, the 7 day moving average from Johns Hopkins is trending down. We reported yesterday on the math used by Johns Hopkins versus the “good news skewing” approached used by Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Health.
In Sunday’s report from the Florida Department of Health: Palm Beach County added 208 new COVID-19 tests with no new deaths. There are now a total of 50,525 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,561 deaths.
Statewide, Florida reports 778,636 infections with 16,429 deaths. Florida added 2,364 infections and 12 deaths on Saturday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge