BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports 3,361 new COVID-19 infections were logged statewide on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by at least 20. The positivity rate is climbing — it’s now 5.94 percent statewide based on Sunday’s test recording. The positivity rate continues to fluctuate greatly — it’s run from a low of 3.66 percent to 6.71 precent over the past two weeks.
In Palm Beach County, 280 new COVID-19 cases were recorded Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with one new death. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — baed on Sunday’s test logging — is 6.18 precent. That is the highest in at least two weeks.
State wide, there are now a total of 782,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 16,449 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 50,816 have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 1,562.
Johns Hopkins University, which uses a more respected formula for monitoring positive rates worldwide, says Florida is running a 7-day moving average of 10.3-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County