BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports 3,361 new COVID-19 infections were logged statewide on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by at least 20. The positivity rate is climbing — it’s now 5.94 percent statewide based on Sunday’s test recording. The positivity rate continues to fluctuate greatly — it’s run from a low of 3.66 percent to 6.71 precent over the past two weeks.
In Palm Beach County, 280 new COVID-19 cases were recorded Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with one new death. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County — baed on Sunday’s test logging — is 6.18 precent. That is the highest in at least two weeks.
State wide, there are now a total of 782,013 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 16,449 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 50,816 have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 1,562.
Johns Hopkins University, which uses a more respected formula for monitoring positive rates worldwide, says Florida is running a 7-day moving average of 10.3-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach