Sloane Caston, 3, Is Battling Two Types Of Cancer. Lives In “The Bridges.” Needs Lifesaving Help.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Fire Rescue is holding a “Bone Marrow Recruitment Drive” on November 7th to help Sloane Caston possibly find a match that could save her life.
BocaNewsNow.com reported last week on the young girl who is battling ATRT tumors and myelodysplastic syndrome, a precursor to leukemia. Her parents are not matches for the bone marrow she desperately needs. Sloane lives in “The Bridges” in West Delray Beach.
From Delray Beach Fire Rescue:
“Donors ages 18 to 35 in general good health may volunteer to join the registry, which requires a cheek swab, for free. Those who are 36 or older may also join, but they will be required to pay a $60 fee to cover the cost of the lab test. More than 85 percent of donors are between 18 and 35.”
“Cancer is an enemy well-known to firefighters, unfortunately, so we want to do anything we can to make sure this brave and strong little girl is successful in her battle,” DBFR Chief Keith Tomey said. “All you have to do is stop by Station 111, swab your cheek and see if you’re the match Sloane needs.”
The event, set for station 111, is open to the public from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on November 7th. The station address is 501 West Atlantic Avenue.
For more information about Sloane, visit her family’s fundraising site at www.giftoflife.org/SloaneStrong.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation