Sloane Caston, 3, Is Battling Two Types Of Cancer. Lives In “The Bridges.” Needs Lifesaving Help.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Fire Rescue is holding a “Bone Marrow Recruitment Drive” on November 7th to help Sloane Caston possibly find a match that could save her life.
BocaNewsNow.com reported last week on the young girl who is battling ATRT tumors and myelodysplastic syndrome, a precursor to leukemia. Her parents are not matches for the bone marrow she desperately needs. Sloane lives in “The Bridges” in West Delray Beach.
From Delray Beach Fire Rescue:
“Donors ages 18 to 35 in general good health may volunteer to join the registry, which requires a cheek swab, for free. Those who are 36 or older may also join, but they will be required to pay a $60 fee to cover the cost of the lab test. More than 85 percent of donors are between 18 and 35.”
“Cancer is an enemy well-known to firefighters, unfortunately, so we want to do anything we can to make sure this brave and strong little girl is successful in her battle,” DBFR Chief Keith Tomey said. “All you have to do is stop by Station 111, swab your cheek and see if you’re the match Sloane needs.”
The event, set for station 111, is open to the public from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on November 7th. The station address is 501 West Atlantic Avenue.
For more information about Sloane, visit her family’s fundraising site at www.giftoflife.org/SloaneStrong.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules