BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU Verbatim Media Advisory) — Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Theatre and Dance in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters presents the Fall 2020 Repertory Dance Theatre Ensemble titled “Never Forget Your Dash.” This virtual streaming dance concert will take place on Friday, Oct. 30 from 7 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $12.50 and are available at fau.booktix.com.
This hour-long program was inspired by the poem “The Dash,” suggesting that people celebrate everything between birth and death. The nine pieces on the program take us on a journey celebrating the lived moments in our lives.
- Denise Thompson/Art & Images Photography takes us on a photo montage of past dance performances to showcase the range of dance genres and diversity that is the Dance Program. This exhibition asks where are “they,” our graduates, now? Where have they gone?
- Commissioned by Compositum Musicae Novae, a Miami-based non-profit, Crystal Patient performs her solo which “explores [her] personal journey of ‘shelter in place,’ at the Coral Gables Museum of Art to new music by Fernando de Sena called “ArtMarket.” Patient confided that “Privately Known” was a complete departure for her since she employed only the use of her long, lithe body moving through space – no text or props.
- Michael Foley, University of Tampa professor of dance, created the visually stunning “Flor” (1999) that Clarence Brooks has performed at venues around the nation. Two years ago, Foley reimagined the solo as a duet for the two to debut in New York City. Filmed entirely outdoors, this new iteration opens with a stunningly, massive bouquet of flowers – hence the name.
- Danielle Jolie Dale-Hancock, an 18-year veteran of the internationally renowned New York City Rockettes, is premiering a new work featuring several of her former colleagues showcasing the “iconic work of women of color paving the way in their fields with their quintessential and unique ‘strut’ while making it happen.” With this year marking the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, “Make Room for Her” adds to this momentous celebration.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ANOTHER ONE?! TROPICAL WAVE GROWING EAST OF FLORIDA
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday