BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU Verbatim Media Advisory) — Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Theatre and Dance in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters presents the Fall 2020 Repertory Dance Theatre Ensemble titled “Never Forget Your Dash.” This virtual streaming dance concert will take place on Friday, Oct. 30 from 7 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $12.50 and are available at fau.booktix.com.
This hour-long program was inspired by the poem “The Dash,” suggesting that people celebrate everything between birth and death. The nine pieces on the program take us on a journey celebrating the lived moments in our lives.
- Denise Thompson/Art & Images Photography takes us on a photo montage of past dance performances to showcase the range of dance genres and diversity that is the Dance Program. This exhibition asks where are “they,” our graduates, now? Where have they gone?
- Commissioned by Compositum Musicae Novae, a Miami-based non-profit, Crystal Patient performs her solo which “explores [her] personal journey of ‘shelter in place,’ at the Coral Gables Museum of Art to new music by Fernando de Sena called “ArtMarket.” Patient confided that “Privately Known” was a complete departure for her since she employed only the use of her long, lithe body moving through space – no text or props.
- Michael Foley, University of Tampa professor of dance, created the visually stunning “Flor” (1999) that Clarence Brooks has performed at venues around the nation. Two years ago, Foley reimagined the solo as a duet for the two to debut in New York City. Filmed entirely outdoors, this new iteration opens with a stunningly, massive bouquet of flowers – hence the name.
- Danielle Jolie Dale-Hancock, an 18-year veteran of the internationally renowned New York City Rockettes, is premiering a new work featuring several of her former colleagues showcasing the “iconic work of women of color paving the way in their fields with their quintessential and unique ‘strut’ while making it happen.” With this year marking the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, “Make Room for Her” adds to this momentous celebration.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Providing Medical Care Without A License
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera