Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner To Hold COVID-19 News Conference
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida has added 26,269 COVID-19 cases in just the past week alone. That appears to the be the highest one-week total since the summer. Florida added 4,188 cases on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Department of Health. The death count increase by 143, also based on deaths officially recored on Wednesday.
There are now 794,624 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 16,648 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 358 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 15 new deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 51,779 infections with 1,580 deaths.
Palm Beach County is reporting a one-day positivity rate of 5.76 precent. Florida as a whole is reporting 4.90 percent. Mayor David Kerner is planing a news conference to discuss COVID-19 at 4 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday