Now 225 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools, School Board Member Fears Social Distancing An Issue
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School Board Member Dr. Debra Robinson, the only medical doctor on the school board, apparently fears that social distancing issues are leading to a dramatic rise in positive COVID-19 cases in the schools.
As of early Thursday morning, 125 students and 100 employees have tested positive for COVID-19. Calusa Elementary in Boca Raton appears to have the most cases with 10.
Dr. Robinson posted this to Facebook late Thursday:
“If your school is ignoring/seem to be unable to maintain the 6 foot expectation please email me at Debra.Robinson@palmbeachschoos.org with the school name,” wrote Dr. Robinson. “Regional staff is checking classrooms and should assist. I know that at some point at some schools this will be hard but we must do everything possible. To be clear I’m talking about student spacing and student-teacher spacing.”
The Palm Beach County School District is still reporting that just one third of the entire 180,000 student body has returned for “in person” learning, with everyone else learning from home or remote locations. At least some of those who have returned are not distancing.
“Many are saying students are not complying (so) #1 we must educate them as to why we have these new rulesI” wrote Robinson.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW