Now 225 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools, School Board Member Fears Social Distancing An Issue
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School Board Member Dr. Debra Robinson, the only medical doctor on the school board, apparently fears that social distancing issues are leading to a dramatic rise in positive COVID-19 cases in the schools.
As of early Thursday morning, 125 students and 100 employees have tested positive for COVID-19. Calusa Elementary in Boca Raton appears to have the most cases with 10.
Dr. Robinson posted this to Facebook late Thursday:
“If your school is ignoring/seem to be unable to maintain the 6 foot expectation please email me at Debra.Robinson@palmbeachschoos.org with the school name,” wrote Dr. Robinson. “Regional staff is checking classrooms and should assist. I know that at some point at some schools this will be hard but we must do everything possible. To be clear I’m talking about student spacing and student-teacher spacing.”
The Palm Beach County School District is still reporting that just one third of the entire 180,000 student body has returned for “in person” learning, with everyone else learning from home or remote locations. At least some of those who have returned are not distancing.
“Many are saying students are not complying (so) #1 we must educate them as to why we have these new rulesI” wrote Robinson.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail