Infections, Deaths Rising. Mask Order Continues In Palm Beach County But There Is No Enforcement.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 surge continues as the state reports 800,216 infections. This is the first time the infection count in Florida has passed the 800,000 mark. The death count has risen to 16,720. According to the Florida Department of Health, at least 5,444 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. The positivity rate in Florida jumped to 5.89 percent.
Florida logged 72 new COVID-19 deaths on Thursday.
In Palm Beach County, a recent record of 400 new COVID-19 cases were added Thursday with 6 new deaths, bringing the county total to 52,184 with 1,586 deaths. The Palm Beach County positivity rate for Thursday’s report is 5.53 percent.
Despite the increase, Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner during a Thursday news conference said the only thing the county can do is encourage people to wear masks. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stripped counties statewide of the ability to fine individuals who do not comply. There was no discussion of closing Palm Beach County facilities or taking other measures to reduce community spread.
The Pediatric Positivity rate in Palm Beach County is 11.4 percent, according to the Florida Department of Health which considers anyone 18 or under “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman