Florida? Gulf Coast? Mexico? Too Soon To Know Path.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest disturbance being tracked by the National Hurricane Center has an 80 percent chance developing into a tropical depression within the next five days. The system, marked in the graphic above by an “orange x,” is currently moving in a westwardly direction. It is too soon to know whether it will turn towards the north — perhaps affecting Florida or the Gulf Coast, or if it will continue to head west.
The Atlantic Hurricane season continues through the end of November. The next name for a storm is “Eta.”
Here is the early morning tropical outlook from the National Hurricane Center.
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 AM EDT Fri Oct 30 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: 1. Shower activity associated with a large area of disturbed weather over the Lesser Antilles and the eastern Caribbean Sea has become a little more concentrated this evening. Conditions are expected to be conducive for development of this disturbance during the next few days, and a tropical depression is likely to form by the time the system reaches the western Caribbean Sea early next week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
While there is no hurricane heading towards Florida as of October 30, 2020, there is a new system that the National Hurricane Center is monitoring. It has an 80 percent chance of formation in the five days, but its path remains unclear.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors