Florida’s COVID Crisis Continues With Cases, Deaths, Community Spread
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Halloween report from the Florida Department of Health reveals that Palm Beach County is entering dangerous territory with dramatically increased community spread. Statewide, there continues to be more COVID-19 infection, more death.
In Palm Beach County, 259 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 2 new deaths. Palm Beach County’s one-day positivity rate is 7.37 percent. That is the second highest positivity rate in the past two weeks.
Florida logged 2,340 new COVID-19 cases on Friday through 11:59 p.m with 41 deaths. The one day positivity rate for Florida, based on Friday’s full day report, is 6.32 percent.
Statewide, there are now 802,547 cases of COVID-19 with 16,761 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 52,447 have tested positive. 1,588 Palm Beach County residents have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District