Florida’s COVID Crisis Continues With Cases, Deaths, Community Spread
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Halloween report from the Florida Department of Health reveals that Palm Beach County is entering dangerous territory with dramatically increased community spread. Statewide, there continues to be more COVID-19 infection, more death.
In Palm Beach County, 259 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 2 new deaths. Palm Beach County’s one-day positivity rate is 7.37 percent. That is the second highest positivity rate in the past two weeks.
Florida logged 2,340 new COVID-19 cases on Friday through 11:59 p.m with 41 deaths. The one day positivity rate for Florida, based on Friday’s full day report, is 6.32 percent.
Statewide, there are now 802,547 cases of COVID-19 with 16,761 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 52,447 have tested positive. 1,588 Palm Beach County residents have died.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs