Tropical Wave Called “Vigorous,” Expected To Develop Within 48 Hours
UPDATE: November 2, 2020: Eta is now a hurricane. Read the latest from the National Hurricane Center, here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Hurricane season lasts until the end of November but activity tends to die down in late October — unless you’re talking about 2020. Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center are watching another disturbance. They say it has a 90 percent chance of developing into a named storm as it moves west in the Caribbean. The storm is the ‘red x’ that you see, above.
If the storm does in fact develop, the next name to be used is “Eta.”
Here is the tropical outlook filed Saturday morning.
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: A vigorous tropical wave located over the central Caribbean Sea continues to produce a concentrated area of thunderstorms. This system is gradually becoming better organized, and conditions are conducive for further development. A tropical depression is expected to form during the next day or so while the disturbance moves generally westward into the western Caribbean Sea. Interests in Honduras and Nicaragua should monitor the progress of this system. Regardless of development, this disturbance is expected to produce heavy rainfall across portions of the ABC Islands and Jamaica through the weekend. * Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
There is not a hurricane heading to Florida at this time, according to the National Hurricane Center. A system developing in the Caribbean is likely to develop but does not appear to be an issue — at this time — for the Florida Peninsula.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police