Florida Adds 28,380 Cases In Just One Week
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 news keeps getting worse for Florida. The Florida Department of Health reports that 4,820 new COVID-19 were logged on Halloween through 11:59 p.m. An additional 69 deaths were added to the count during the same time period. That brings Florida’s total infection count to now 807,412 with 16,789 deaths. At least 28,380 new COVID-19 infections were logged in the past week.
In Palm Beach County, 325 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 2 new deaths. The Palm Beach County infection count is now 52,779 with 1,588 deaths.
In Boca Raton, at least 8,005 people have tested positive, Boynton Beach reports 4,658 positive COVID-19 tests, and Delray Beach reports 3,581 confirmed positive COVID-19 tests. We remind our readers that the “city” positives are for the incorporated municipalities, not the extended areas. The “City of Boca Raton” is different from the part of unincorporated Palm Beach County — primarily west of St. Andrews Blvd — that uses the Boca Raton name. The same is true for Boynton Beach and Delray Beach.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is holding at 11.3 percent. The Florida Department of Health uses the term “pediatric” for anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police