Rebekah Jones Reports Death Count Higher Than State Saying, With 17,043 Dead.
UPDATE: 3:27 P.M: The official report from the State of Florida says the death count is 16,834. But Rebekah Jones, the fired State of Florida data analyst who launched her own data website, says the number is now actually 17,043. Her data has been excellent throughout COVID-19 reporting so we are publishing it as well. According to Jones, Florida actually added 4,651 new cases — not 2709 as the Florida Department of Health reports.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The positivity rate in Florida continues to be alarming as COVID-19 continues to spread. Florida reports a positivity rate of 6.47 percent for tests logged Sunday through 11:59 p.m. At least 2,709 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Sunday, along with 45 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate for tests logged on Sunday is 6.15 percent. Palm Beach County added 214 positive cases on Sunday with 7 new deaths. There are now 53,151 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,595 deaths.
Statewide, there are now at least 812,063 COVID-19 cases with 16,834 confirmed COVID-19 deaths.
Florida also reports at least 51,237 infections in “long term care” facilities and 24,442 confirmed cases in correctional institutions. In all of Florida, 49,485 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW