Rebekah Jones Reports Death Count Higher Than State Saying, With 17,043 Dead.
UPDATE: 3:27 P.M: The official report from the State of Florida says the death count is 16,834. But Rebekah Jones, the fired State of Florida data analyst who launched her own data website, says the number is now actually 17,043. Her data has been excellent throughout COVID-19 reporting so we are publishing it as well. According to Jones, Florida actually added 4,651 new cases — not 2709 as the Florida Department of Health reports.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The positivity rate in Florida continues to be alarming as COVID-19 continues to spread. Florida reports a positivity rate of 6.47 percent for tests logged Sunday through 11:59 p.m. At least 2,709 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Sunday, along with 45 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate for tests logged on Sunday is 6.15 percent. Palm Beach County added 214 positive cases on Sunday with 7 new deaths. There are now 53,151 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,595 deaths.
Statewide, there are now at least 812,063 COVID-19 cases with 16,834 confirmed COVID-19 deaths.
Florida also reports at least 51,237 infections in “long term care” facilities and 24,442 confirmed cases in correctional institutions. In all of Florida, 49,485 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach