Rebekah Jones Reports Death Count Higher Than State Saying, With 17,043 Dead.
UPDATE: 3:27 P.M: The official report from the State of Florida says the death count is 16,834. But Rebekah Jones, the fired State of Florida data analyst who launched her own data website, says the number is now actually 17,043. Her data has been excellent throughout COVID-19 reporting so we are publishing it as well. According to Jones, Florida actually added 4,651 new cases — not 2709 as the Florida Department of Health reports.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The positivity rate in Florida continues to be alarming as COVID-19 continues to spread. Florida reports a positivity rate of 6.47 percent for tests logged Sunday through 11:59 p.m. At least 2,709 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Sunday, along with 45 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate for tests logged on Sunday is 6.15 percent. Palm Beach County added 214 positive cases on Sunday with 7 new deaths. There are now 53,151 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,595 deaths.
Statewide, there are now at least 812,063 COVID-19 cases with 16,834 confirmed COVID-19 deaths.
Florida also reports at least 51,237 infections in “long term care” facilities and 24,442 confirmed cases in correctional institutions. In all of Florida, 49,485 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Parking Back To Normal, Garages Open Again