BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate is entering the red zone with four days of significant rises. For tests logged on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020, Florida’s positivity rate is 7.75 percent. That follows 7.55, 6.42 and 5.75 over the past four days. Health officials have previously said the positivity rate must stay below 10 percent. Deaths increased by 88 in Florida on Tuesday. The infection count rose by 4,394.
In Palm Beach County, 9 new deaths were added on Tuesday as well as 283 new COVID-19 cases. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County for Tuesday’s test is 7.61 percent. It has been higher than 6 percent for the past four days.
Palm Beach County now reports 53,802 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 1,604 deaths. Florida repots 821,123 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 16,922. We note that fired State of Florida Data Analyst Rebekah Jones, who created her own — and highly popular — data website, reported that Florida crossed the 17,000 death mark two days ago. It is unclear of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is instructing the Department of Health to keep the rate below 17,000 as election drama plays out.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge