BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate is entering the red zone with four days of significant rises. For tests logged on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020, Florida’s positivity rate is 7.75 percent. That follows 7.55, 6.42 and 5.75 over the past four days. Health officials have previously said the positivity rate must stay below 10 percent. Deaths increased by 88 in Florida on Tuesday. The infection count rose by 4,394.
In Palm Beach County, 9 new deaths were added on Tuesday as well as 283 new COVID-19 cases. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County for Tuesday’s test is 7.61 percent. It has been higher than 6 percent for the past four days.
Palm Beach County now reports 53,802 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 1,604 deaths. Florida repots 821,123 confirmed COVID-19 infections with 16,922. We note that fired State of Florida Data Analyst Rebekah Jones, who created her own — and highly popular — data website, reported that Florida crossed the 17,000 death mark two days ago. It is unclear of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is instructing the Department of Health to keep the rate below 17,000 as election drama plays out.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County