BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — West Boca Raton resident Christopher Koehler remains in the Palm Beach County Jail after he allegedly threatened his live-in girlfriend with a butcher knife, hit her with a baseball bat, and destroyed the inside of their home.
Wrote police following the incident in the 23000 block of Watergate Circle in West Boca Raton:
“Koehler picked up a baseball bat and swung it at (the victim’s) head. The baseball bat only grazed the back of her head because she ducked. She was in fear for her life of being hit with the bat again, as Koehler had cracked her head open with a baseball bat before. She grabbed her keys and purse and ran to her car. Koehler followed her out of the house, now with a butcher knife from the kitchen. The knife was silver with a black handle. As Koehler continued to follow her out to the car, he told her multiple times ‘I’m going to f—-ing kill you.” She believed that Koehler was going to stab and kill her before she could escape. She made it to her car and fled before calling 911.”
Also from the police report:
“I checked the interior of the residence, which had droplets of blood all over the place and was completely destroyed. The cabinets were ripped off, the counter top was pulled away from the kitchen island, the drawers were pulled off of their tracks, and dog food was thrown everywhere. Additionally, there was a silver butcher knife with a black plastic handle in the sink. Pictures were taken of the destroyed area, the blood on the ground, and the knife.”
Koehler is charged with “aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill,” and “aggravated battery – person uses a deadly weapon.”
PBSO booked him into the Palm Beach County at 4:43 a.m. Tuesday. He remained held on $40,000 bond early Wednesday morning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home