While Other Data Sources Report Florida’s Death Count Surpassed 17,000 Early This Week, Department Of Health Says It’s 16,961
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that 6,164 new COVID-19 cases were logged in the state on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 39 new COVID-19 deaths. The death count remains below 17,000 officially. However, Rebekah Jones, the fired yet respected former data analyst for the state of Florida, reports the Florida death count passed 17,000 earlier this week. We continue to question whether the discrepancy is driven by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis trying to control optically challenged news during an election week, or a true data issue.
In total, Florida reports 827,380 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 16,961 deaths. The positivity rate for Wednesday’s data is 6.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 442 new cases were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2 new COVID-19 deaths. The totals for Palm Beach County: 54,260 confirmed infections with 1,606 COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County, based on Wednesday’s reporting, is 7.19 percent.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate remains stagnant at 11.3-percent. The Florida Department of Health defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or under.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW