While Other Data Sources Report Florida’s Death Count Surpassed 17,000 Early This Week, Department Of Health Says It’s 16,961
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that 6,164 new COVID-19 cases were logged in the state on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 39 new COVID-19 deaths. The death count remains below 17,000 officially. However, Rebekah Jones, the fired yet respected former data analyst for the state of Florida, reports the Florida death count passed 17,000 earlier this week. We continue to question whether the discrepancy is driven by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis trying to control optically challenged news during an election week, or a true data issue.
In total, Florida reports 827,380 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 16,961 deaths. The positivity rate for Wednesday’s data is 6.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 442 new cases were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2 new COVID-19 deaths. The totals for Palm Beach County: 54,260 confirmed infections with 1,606 COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County, based on Wednesday’s reporting, is 7.19 percent.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate remains stagnant at 11.3-percent. The Florida Department of Health defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach