Kinsa Thermometer “HealthWeather,” Incredibly Accurate, Predicts COVID Increase
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Kinsa HealthWeather map which rose to international prominence in the early days of COVID-19 for its exceptionally accurate predictions is now showing that COVID-19 cases are likely to increase in South Florida over the next four weeks. Kinsa uses anonymized data from its popular Kinsa Thermometer to gauge where people are getting sick. The thermometer — and the data it provides — gives health professionals a realtime look at current conditions versus normal conditions. South Florida is showing an abnormally high and increasing rate of illness.
Kinsa’s morning report adds South Florida, Raleigh and Durham North Carolina, Indianapolis, Chicago, Cleveland and Akron, and Nashville as areas to watch.
From its own description: “Kinsa’s mission is to curb the spread of contagious illness through early detection and early response. Aggregating fever and symptoms from a network of more than 1.5 million app-enabled smart thermometers, Kinsa has proven to accurately predict how flu is spreading 12-20 weeks in advance. Recently published research shows Kinsa’s data is also an early indicator of COVID-19 outbreaks, providing 3 weeks advance warning of hospitalization and death.”
You can view the realtime Kinsa map here. The screenshot above is accurate as of 8:34 a.m. Friday, November 6, 2020.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical