Chief Judge Krista Marx Shuffles Judges, Mayor Kerner’s Brother To Family Court In South County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Circuit Court Chief Judge Krista Marx is reassigning judges countywide as the new year gets underway. We have the complete list below. Of note, current Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner’s brother — the Hon. Scott Kerner — will be assigned to family court in the South County Courthouse effective January 4th.
While Judge Kerner knows where he’ll be, it’s unclear if Mayor David Kerner will keep his “mayor” title. The “mayor” position is somewhere between honorary and administrative. County Commissioners determine amongst themselves who serves as “Mayor” for a one year term. David Kerner was just reelected to the county commission for a four year term. The new “mayor” decision is expected soon.
Here is the complete order from Judge Marx.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway