Signs Point To Ominous Time Ahead. Deaths, Infections Continue To Rise.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 positivity rate continues to rise in Palm Beach County and the State of Florida. The latest numbers just released by the Florida Department of Health reveal a 7.70 percent positivity rate in Palm Beach and 8.28 percent statewide.
Both numbers are based on tests logged Friday through 11:59 p.m.
Florida added 4,004 infections and 86 deaths on Friday. In Palm Beach County, the Department of Health says 376 new COVID-19 cases were added with 3 new deaths.
There are now a total of 837,077 infections in Florida with 17,100 deaths. In Palm Beach County, the death count is 1,609 with 55,002 infections.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules