Tropical Storm Eta Expected To Bring Significant Wind, Rain. School District Can’t Switch To Complete “Distance Learning” For Storm Day.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (2PM SUNDAY) — The Palm Beach County School District is officially closed on Monday for Tropical Storm Eta. Winds are expected to significantly increase over the next several hours, creating dangerous conditions for high-rise vehicles like school buses. The National Hurricane Center is also calling for what may be a major rain event. Hurricane Watches and Tropical Storm Warnings remain in effect for much of the area.
While the Palm Beach County School District largely remains in “distance learning” mode with more than half of the school district’s 180,000 students learning remotely, the school district is apparently unable to switch the entire infrastructure to “distance learning” for a storm day.
Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy also stated concern over power issues — if there’s no power, students can’t use computers to access the internet.
School is expected to resume on Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area