ICU Bed Availability Acceptable For Now, But COVID-19 Patient Count Is Rising In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are at least 176 people hospitalized with the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County as of 6:30 a.m. Monday morning, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is the highest population of COVID-19 “primary diagnosis” patients in Palm Beach County in at least two months, according to our internal records. Palm Beach County is behind Miami-Dade (370 patients) and Broward (302 patients) on Florida’s east coast.
“Primary Diagnosis of COVID-19” is an official term used by the State of Florida.
ICU bed capacity remains at an acceptable level in Palm Beach County with 39.20 percent available early Monday. Healthcare professionals say that anything under 25 percent is a problem.
There are, however, area standouts: Bethesda West is reporting just one available ICU bed with 9 in use as of 6:18 a.m. Monday, November 9th. Wellington reports 2 available beds with 26 beds in use, West Boca Medical Center reports 10 available ICU beds with 6 in use, Delray Medical Center reports 17 ICU beds in use with 33 available, and Boca Raton Regional reports 24 ICU beds in use with 16 available.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical
- Boynton Beach Man Arrested In Maryland For Local Murder
- Florida Hospital Available Capacity Now Under 25 Percent
- Prostitution Charge For Boynton Beach Woman
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian