ICU Bed Availability Acceptable For Now, But COVID-19 Patient Count Is Rising In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are at least 176 people hospitalized with the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County as of 6:30 a.m. Monday morning, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is the highest population of COVID-19 “primary diagnosis” patients in Palm Beach County in at least two months, according to our internal records. Palm Beach County is behind Miami-Dade (370 patients) and Broward (302 patients) on Florida’s east coast.
“Primary Diagnosis of COVID-19” is an official term used by the State of Florida.
ICU bed capacity remains at an acceptable level in Palm Beach County with 39.20 percent available early Monday. Healthcare professionals say that anything under 25 percent is a problem.
There are, however, area standouts: Bethesda West is reporting just one available ICU bed with 9 in use as of 6:18 a.m. Monday, November 9th. Wellington reports 2 available beds with 26 beds in use, West Boca Medical Center reports 10 available ICU beds with 6 in use, Delray Medical Center reports 17 ICU beds in use with 33 available, and Boca Raton Regional reports 24 ICU beds in use with 16 available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Throws Vodka Bottle At Cop
- MAJOR GLADES ROAD CLOSURE COMING IN BOCA RATON
- South Florida Looking Okay As Tropical Depression Forms, Tropical Wave Grows
- American Heritage Named Top Private School By National Ranking Organization
- Bedner’s Farm In Boynton Beach Sued Over Petting Zoo Incident
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH