ICU Bed Availability Acceptable For Now, But COVID-19 Patient Count Is Rising In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are at least 176 people hospitalized with the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County as of 6:30 a.m. Monday morning, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is the highest population of COVID-19 “primary diagnosis” patients in Palm Beach County in at least two months, according to our internal records. Palm Beach County is behind Miami-Dade (370 patients) and Broward (302 patients) on Florida’s east coast.
“Primary Diagnosis of COVID-19” is an official term used by the State of Florida.
ICU bed capacity remains at an acceptable level in Palm Beach County with 39.20 percent available early Monday. Healthcare professionals say that anything under 25 percent is a problem.
There are, however, area standouts: Bethesda West is reporting just one available ICU bed with 9 in use as of 6:18 a.m. Monday, November 9th. Wellington reports 2 available beds with 26 beds in use, West Boca Medical Center reports 10 available ICU beds with 6 in use, Delray Medical Center reports 17 ICU beds in use with 33 available, and Boca Raton Regional reports 24 ICU beds in use with 16 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police