BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Tropical Storm Eta moves out from the area, its effects may be felt for some time. The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Boca Raton through Monday night.
Here’s the official warning:
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in…
Broward County in southeastern Florida…
Northern Miami-Dade County in southeastern Florida…
Southern Palm Beach County in southeastern Florida…
* Until 900 PM EST Monday.
* At 246 PM EST, Although heavy rainfall has ended for the warned
area, there is still significant lingering flooding within the
warned area. Between 6 and 18 inches of rain have fallen with an
additional inch or two this evening.
Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Miami, Hialeah, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood,
Miramar, Coral Springs, Pompano Beach, Davie, Miami Beach,
Plantation, Sunrise, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Homestead,
Tamarac, Margate, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne and South Miami.
Even though heavy rainfall has ended, reports of significant
flooding are still being recorded. With that said, the Flood Warning
will continue for the warned area as any additional rainfall will
lead to flooding or add to ongoing flooding concerns.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses
as well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules