BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Tropical Storm Eta moves out from the area, its effects may be felt for some time. The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Boca Raton through Monday night.
Here’s the official warning:
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in…
Broward County in southeastern Florida…
Northern Miami-Dade County in southeastern Florida…
Southern Palm Beach County in southeastern Florida…
* Until 900 PM EST Monday.
* At 246 PM EST, Although heavy rainfall has ended for the warned
area, there is still significant lingering flooding within the
warned area. Between 6 and 18 inches of rain have fallen with an
additional inch or two this evening.
Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Miami, Hialeah, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood,
Miramar, Coral Springs, Pompano Beach, Davie, Miami Beach,
Plantation, Sunrise, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Homestead,
Tamarac, Margate, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne and South Miami.
Even though heavy rainfall has ended, reports of significant
flooding are still being recorded. With that said, the Flood Warning
will continue for the warned area as any additional rainfall will
lead to flooding or add to ongoing flooding concerns.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses
as well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge