Daily 11:30 Release Didn’t Happen. Still Nothing At 4:10 P.M.
UPDATE 4:43 P.M.: With no explanation for a five hour delay, the State of Florida just released numbers following widespread media reports questioning the Department of Health. Numbers are below.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We wonder out loud: is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis up to something after he suggested on national television that his pal President Donald Trump may be able to keep office through delegate math? We ask because nearly five hours after the daily COVID-19 report is traditionally released, there’s nothing. The State of Florida has not released any information about the current state of COVID-19 in the State. This is has only happened twice before — once was a when questions were raised about a lab’s data, a second when questions were raised about a death count.
Monday’s report will be the first since Joseph R. Biden was declared President Elect. It seems coincidental that data is being withheld after the president race didn’t go the way Florida’s governor wanted.
We purposely waited for other media to raise questions — believing that the Florida Department of Health would release the results. It hasn’t. We now join in. Where are the numbers?
Just released numbers:
New Florida COVID-19 cases: 3,876 (Most South Florida testing locations were closed due to Tropical Storm Eta over the weekend so testing was reduced).
New COVID-19 deaths statewide: 58.
New COVID-19 positivity rate based on Sunday’s tests: 8.07 percent.
PALM BEACH COUNTY:
358 New COVID-19 infections.
1 new COVID-19 death.
Positivity rate based on Sunday’s tests: 8.62 percent.
847,821 COVID-19 infections in Florida with 17,179 deaths.
55,816 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,610 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules