Daily 11:30 Release Didn’t Happen. Still Nothing At 4:10 P.M.
UPDATE 4:43 P.M.: With no explanation for a five hour delay, the State of Florida just released numbers following widespread media reports questioning the Department of Health. Numbers are below.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We wonder out loud: is Florida Governor Ron DeSantis up to something after he suggested on national television that his pal President Donald Trump may be able to keep office through delegate math? We ask because nearly five hours after the daily COVID-19 report is traditionally released, there’s nothing. The State of Florida has not released any information about the current state of COVID-19 in the State. This is has only happened twice before — once was a when questions were raised about a lab’s data, a second when questions were raised about a death count.
Monday’s report will be the first since Joseph R. Biden was declared President Elect. It seems coincidental that data is being withheld after the president race didn’t go the way Florida’s governor wanted.
We purposely waited for other media to raise questions — believing that the Florida Department of Health would release the results. It hasn’t. We now join in. Where are the numbers?
Just released numbers:
New Florida COVID-19 cases: 3,876 (Most South Florida testing locations were closed due to Tropical Storm Eta over the weekend so testing was reduced).
New COVID-19 deaths statewide: 58.
New COVID-19 positivity rate based on Sunday’s tests: 8.07 percent.
PALM BEACH COUNTY:
358 New COVID-19 infections.
1 new COVID-19 death.
Positivity rate based on Sunday’s tests: 8.62 percent.
847,821 COVID-19 infections in Florida with 17,179 deaths.
55,816 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,610 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix