Board Action Makes Firing Official. Again.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Bach County School Board officially terminated former Spanish River High School Principal William Latson mid-day Tuesday. Latson created an international uproar when he told a parent that it wasn’t for him to say whether the Holocaust happened or not. He was fired in 2019. Over the year that followed, Latson sued the Palm Beach County School District which ultimately decided to rehire him at the advice of an administrative law judge, only to fire him again earlier this month.
The School Board today upheld the firing and executed the document which you can read, in its entirety, below.
When rehired, Latson was expected to be assigned to a “back office” job and retain his approximately $160,000 annual salary.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach