Board Action Makes Firing Official. Again.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Bach County School Board officially terminated former Spanish River High School Principal William Latson mid-day Tuesday. Latson created an international uproar when he told a parent that it wasn’t for him to say whether the Holocaust happened or not. He was fired in 2019. Over the year that followed, Latson sued the Palm Beach County School District which ultimately decided to rehire him at the advice of an administrative law judge, only to fire him again earlier this month.
The School Board today upheld the firing and executed the document which you can read, in its entirety, below.
When rehired, Latson was expected to be assigned to a “back office” job and retain his approximately $160,000 annual salary.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Parking Back To Normal, Garages Open Again