Too Soon For Concern, But Record Season Could Bring More Tropical Trouble.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Tropical Storm Eta prepares to return to Florida, Subtropical Storm Theta formed overnight and another disturbance — which could become Iota — continues to form in the Caribbean.
Theta is far off in the Atlanta and heading east, so it is unlikely to create a problem for the United States mainland, but the system developing south of Cuba could be a different story if it follows in the path set by Eta. It’s just too soon to know, but forecasters give the disturbance a 60 percent chance of formation over five days. We always note: ovals show potential areas for development, not a storm’s path.
Here’s the early morning advisory from the National Hurricane Center Tuesday morning.
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Eta, located over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico and on newly formed Subtropical Storm Theta, located over the eastern Atlantic. 1. A tropical wave located over the eastern Caribbean Sea is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. This wave is expected to move westward into more conducive environmental conditions, and a tropical depression could form late this week or this weekend when the wave reaches the central or western Caribbean Sea. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent. Public Advisories on Subtropical Storm Theta are issued under WMO header WTNT35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT5. Forecast/Advisories on Subtropical Storm Theta are issued under WMO header WTNT25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT5. Forecaster Cangialosi/Blake
The National Hurricane Center is following Subtropical Storm Theta and another system which could become Iota if it develops. Forecasters give development at 60 percent chance over 5 days. It it is too soon to know if the system could follow Eta’s path to Florida.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules