Light Was Red. Traffic Stopped. Police Say Saira Marin Kept Driving. With Person Under 18 In Car.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Saira Marin, 22, is facing DUI charges out of Palm Beach County Tuesday morning following her arrest for an incident at Palmetto Park Road and Powerline Road in Boca Raton.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office used this language on a citation obtained by BocaNewsNow.com: “Careless Driving. Reason: Hit car stopped in front of her at red light.”
The incident, involving her 2016 Honda, occurred Saturday morning at 1:49 a.m. The Palm Beach County Jail reports Marin is officially charged with “DUI-UNLAW BLD ALCH – 0.15 OR HIGHER OR W PERSON UNDER 18 IN VEHICLE” as well as “DUI-UNLAW BLD ALCH – DUI DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSON OF ANOTHER.”
Marin was booked into jail at 5:01 a.m. Saturday and released just before noon on her own recognizance. A court date is pending. The jail lists her local address as the 18700 block of Stewart Circle in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail