Health Department Claims No Proof Of In-School Transmission, But Cases Soaring. Calusa Elementary Boca Now 14 Positive Tests.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District now reports 500 confirmed COVID-19 cases, a dramatic increase of 60 in just one day. At least 279 students and 221 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 since the school district returned for “in person” learning just weeks ago.
The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County maintains that there is no evidence of in school transmission, but some schools are being hit hard. Palm Beach Central High reports 24 cases — 19 students and 5 employees. Calusa Elementary School in Boca Raton now reports at least 14 cases — 12 students and 2 employees. Boca Raton Community High School reports 12 cases — 8 students and 6 employees. Whispering Pines Elementary School in West Boca Raton reports 8 cases — 6 students and 2 employees. Omni Middle reports 7 student cases.
The spike comes as school and other officials fear the worst is yet to come as families make potentially poor choices for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday — gather — then send children back to school only to further spread COVID.
Roughly 40 percent of the Palm Beach County School District’s 180,000 student population has returned for “brick and mortar” education, while the remaining 60 percent continue to learn from home.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County