Sorority Of Storms Blowing In Atlantic, Gulf, Caribbean
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A seemingly record-setting 30th named storm of the hurricane season could form within the next few days. There is a 90 percent chance that the red “x” you see on the current National Hurricane Center “outlook” map will become storm Iota by the end of the week. While it’s unclear if it will hit Hispaniola and fizzle out, or make a U-Turn and head back to Florida like Eta, the system is notable. It’s mid-November and the Atlantic Hurricane Season remains busy.
From the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 700 AM EST Thu Nov 12 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Eta, located inland over north Florida, and on Tropical Storm Theta, located over the eastern Atlantic. 1. A tropical wave located over the central Caribbean Sea continues to produce a large area of showers and thunderstorms. Satellite imagery indicates that the disturbance is gradually becoming better organized, and a tropical depression will likely form within the next couple of days as it moves slowly westward over the central and western Caribbean Sea. Regardless of development, this system is expected to bring heavy rainfall along with possible flash flooding to portions of Hispaniola over the next day or so. For more detailed information, refer to products issued by your local weather office. * Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: South Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Medicare Fraud
- Crash On Turnpike Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- DeSantis, Self-Proclaimed “Education Governor,” Tightens Stranglehold On State Colleges
- Living Room Theater At FAU To Permanently Close
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck