Parents, Teachers Feared Tests In Gym Would Spread COVID. Two Weeks Later, New Cases Reported.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School and health officials, according to tips to BocaNewsNow.com, are questioning if the PSAT’s held in the gym at Spanish River High School two weeks ago are the cause of new COVID-19 cases at the school.
Spanish River High School has reported at least two cases publicly over the past two days — more public confirmation may be on the way. The cases have not yet been added to the Palm Beach County School District COVID-19 dashboard.
BocaNewsNow.com reported exclusively on October 26th that parents and teachers were fearful of the PSAT becoming a “super spreader” event. The test — with hundreds of students — was held in the gym. While school officials said everyone would be socially distanced, video produced by the school district suggested the potential for problems.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned of at least two new cases at the school, all reported over the past few days. It is now 16 days after the PSAT’s were administered.
Our original reporting, with the video referenced above, is here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,
- City of Boca Raton Street Parade Set For December 8th
- Boca Raton PD Investigates Fatal Crash On Yamato Road
- FEDCON1: Aaron Singerman Nearly 3 Times Legal Limit After Crashing Boat Multiple Times
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools