Parents, Teachers Feared Tests In Gym Would Spread COVID. Two Weeks Later, New Cases Reported.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School and health officials, according to tips to BocaNewsNow.com, are questioning if the PSAT’s held in the gym at Spanish River High School two weeks ago are the cause of new COVID-19 cases at the school.
Spanish River High School has reported at least two cases publicly over the past two days — more public confirmation may be on the way. The cases have not yet been added to the Palm Beach County School District COVID-19 dashboard.
BocaNewsNow.com reported exclusively on October 26th that parents and teachers were fearful of the PSAT becoming a “super spreader” event. The test — with hundreds of students — was held in the gym. While school officials said everyone would be socially distanced, video produced by the school district suggested the potential for problems.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned of at least two new cases at the school, all reported over the past few days. It is now 16 days after the PSAT’s were administered.
Our original reporting, with the video referenced above, is here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside