BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A clerk at the Barnes and Noble in Boca Raton was jailed early Thursday after he allegedly assaulted a homeless man.
Cayl Basham, according to a police report, “was driving his Black Dodge Ram under the Palmetto bridge doing donuts and driving recklessly. (The homeless victim) stated that he confronted Basham to try to tell him that he needs to calm down and stop driving recklessly before he hurts someone. Basham then exited his vehicle and became aggressive and lunged towards (the homeless man). The homeless man pushed him away.”
The police report continues:
“(The homeless man) then stated that Basham walked back to his vehicle and grabbed a piece of plastic from his truck and struck him in the chest with it. The victim stated that he then punched Basham once in the face and then wrestled Basham to the ground to defend himself and stop Basham from attacking him. (The victim) then stated that shortly after the fight started a Park Ranger showed up and shortly after that the police showed up. Independent witnesses confirmed (the victim’s) statement. The victim had a small laceration on his chest from being struck with the piece of plastic that Basham ripped off his truck.”
Police located and arrested Cayl Basham for simple battery. Basham was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail early Thursday. He was released on his own recognizance several hours later.
Basham lists the 400 block of NW 20th Street in Boca Raton as his home address, according to the arrest report.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway