BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A clerk at the Barnes and Noble in Boca Raton was jailed early Thursday after he allegedly assaulted a homeless man.
Cayl Basham, according to a police report, “was driving his Black Dodge Ram under the Palmetto bridge doing donuts and driving recklessly. (The homeless victim) stated that he confronted Basham to try to tell him that he needs to calm down and stop driving recklessly before he hurts someone. Basham then exited his vehicle and became aggressive and lunged towards (the homeless man). The homeless man pushed him away.”
The police report continues:
“(The homeless man) then stated that Basham walked back to his vehicle and grabbed a piece of plastic from his truck and struck him in the chest with it. The victim stated that he then punched Basham once in the face and then wrestled Basham to the ground to defend himself and stop Basham from attacking him. (The victim) then stated that shortly after the fight started a Park Ranger showed up and shortly after that the police showed up. Independent witnesses confirmed (the victim’s) statement. The victim had a small laceration on his chest from being struck with the piece of plastic that Basham ripped off his truck.”
Police located and arrested Cayl Basham for simple battery. Basham was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail early Thursday. He was released on his own recognizance several hours later.
Basham lists the 400 block of NW 20th Street in Boca Raton as his home address, according to the arrest report.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead