BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Get ready for Iota. The 30th named storm of the 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season is likely to form over the weekend, according to the Friday morning update from the National Hurricane Center. What happens after formation remains unclear. While a path for Central America seems likely, those who remember Eta, from just Monday, wonder whether the storm will follow in her footsteps and make a northeast turn to Florida.
We remind our readers: the oval you see in an extended “outlook” forecast represents the area where a storm may form, not the path a storm may take. Tracking maps are only initiated after a storm develops.
From the National Hurricane Center:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Eta, located near the coast of the southeast U.S., and on Tropical Storm Theta, located over the eastern Atlantic. 1. A tropical wave located over the central Caribbean Sea continues to produce a large area of showers and thunderstorms. This system has become a little better organized during the past several hours. Additional development is expected, and a tropical depression will likely form within the next day or two as it moves slowly westward over the central and western Caribbean Sea. Interests in Honduras and Nicaragua should closely monitor the progress of this system. Regardless of development, this disturbance is expected to bring heavy rainfall along with possible flash flooding to portions of Hispaniola over the next day or so. For more detailed information, refer to products issued by your local weather office. * Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach