Infections Soar. Positivity Rises. Getting Worse.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida just logged its highest one day total of new COVID-19 cases in what we believe to be months. The Florida Dept. of Health reports 6,787 new COVID-19 were recorded on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by 73. The positivity rate, statewide, based on Thursday’s reporting is 7.95 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 441 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Thursday with one new death. Palm Beach County’s positivity rate is at a high of 8.99 percent. That is a recent high, and dangerously close to the 10 precent line that health officials call a crisis. Other areas have shut down — and are shutting down — with positivity rates that are much lower.
There are now 870,552 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 17,445 deaths. In Palm Beach County, 57,361 confirmed infections are on the books with 1,620 dead.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach