Thanksgiving Disaster Days Away. Families Urged To “Just Say No” To Visitors, House Guests, Gatherings
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County positivity rate for COVID-19 tests logged on Friday is 10.09 percent. It is the highest positivity in months and returning to a level that led to shutdowns during the first wave of Coronavirus. Over the past five days, Palm Beach County has reported 8.36 percent, 7.23 percent, 8.97 percent and now 10.09 percent. Palm Beach County added 300 new COVID-19 cases on Friday with 2 new deaths.
Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner, other commissioners, and notably local Health Department Director Dr. Alina Alonso have been publicly quiet on the skyrocketing rates. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stripped local governments of most enforcement power for COVID-19 restrictions — it’s unclear if Kerner and other commissioners are fighting with DeSantis to permit fining and other penalties for individuals who refuse to wear masks over mouths and noses.
“People have no idea what’s about to happen,” said an area physician speaking with BocaNewsNow.com at the request of anonymity. “People need to be smart which is a very real problem here. They need to ‘just say no’ to visitors and house guests for Thanksgiving. Suck it up this year. Have a real celebration next year. We are going to see widespread illness and death in December and January if people aren’t smart now.”
In Florida as a whole, the positivity rate rose to 9.95 percent with 4,452 new infections and 44 new deaths. There are now at least 875,096 infections statewide with 17,489 deaths.
There are 1,622 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County with 57,661 infections.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway