Thanksgiving Disaster Days Away. Families Urged To “Just Say No” To Visitors, House Guests, Gatherings
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County positivity rate for COVID-19 tests logged on Friday is 10.09 percent. It is the highest positivity in months and returning to a level that led to shutdowns during the first wave of Coronavirus. Over the past five days, Palm Beach County has reported 8.36 percent, 7.23 percent, 8.97 percent and now 10.09 percent. Palm Beach County added 300 new COVID-19 cases on Friday with 2 new deaths.
Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner, other commissioners, and notably local Health Department Director Dr. Alina Alonso have been publicly quiet on the skyrocketing rates. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stripped local governments of most enforcement power for COVID-19 restrictions — it’s unclear if Kerner and other commissioners are fighting with DeSantis to permit fining and other penalties for individuals who refuse to wear masks over mouths and noses.
“People have no idea what’s about to happen,” said an area physician speaking with BocaNewsNow.com at the request of anonymity. “People need to be smart which is a very real problem here. They need to ‘just say no’ to visitors and house guests for Thanksgiving. Suck it up this year. Have a real celebration next year. We are going to see widespread illness and death in December and January if people aren’t smart now.”
In Florida as a whole, the positivity rate rose to 9.95 percent with 4,452 new infections and 44 new deaths. There are now at least 875,096 infections statewide with 17,489 deaths.
There are 1,622 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County with 57,661 infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism