PALM BEACH COUNTY ADDS 731 CASES. FLORIDA GOVERNOR RON DESANTIS, PALM BEACH COUNTY MAYOR DAVID KERNER, HEALTH DEPT. DIRECTOR ALONSO SILENT.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida just took a turn for the worse. The Florida Department of Health says 9,928 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The death count rose by 29.
There are now a total of 885,201 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 17,518 deaths. At least 51,900 people have been hospitalized in Florida since the pandemic began.
In Palm Beach County, 731 new COVID-19 tests were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with no new deaths. There are now a total of 1,622 dead in Palm Beach County from COVD-19 and 58,396 infections.
Florida’s positivity rate pulled back just a bit from Saturday’s near 10-percent. The one day positivity is now 7.57 percent. Palm Beach County, which passed 10-percent on Saturday, is now 6.97 percent.
Neither Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner nor Dr. Alina Alonso, local director of the Florida Department of Health, have issued statements or advisories since the latest uptick began. Just days before the Thanksgiving holiday week begins, there is no guidance from county officials concerning rules, regulations, ordinances or enforcement. The Palm Beach County mask order remains in effect, and Palm Beach County remains under a state of emergency. Local police departments continue to say they will not enforce individual mask mandates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail