PALM BEACH COUNTY ADDS 731 CASES. FLORIDA GOVERNOR RON DESANTIS, PALM BEACH COUNTY MAYOR DAVID KERNER, HEALTH DEPT. DIRECTOR ALONSO SILENT.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida just took a turn for the worse. The Florida Department of Health says 9,928 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The death count rose by 29.
There are now a total of 885,201 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 17,518 deaths. At least 51,900 people have been hospitalized in Florida since the pandemic began.
In Palm Beach County, 731 new COVID-19 tests were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with no new deaths. There are now a total of 1,622 dead in Palm Beach County from COVD-19 and 58,396 infections.
Florida’s positivity rate pulled back just a bit from Saturday’s near 10-percent. The one day positivity is now 7.57 percent. Palm Beach County, which passed 10-percent on Saturday, is now 6.97 percent.
Neither Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner nor Dr. Alina Alonso, local director of the Florida Department of Health, have issued statements or advisories since the latest uptick began. Just days before the Thanksgiving holiday week begins, there is no guidance from county officials concerning rules, regulations, ordinances or enforcement. The Palm Beach County mask order remains in effect, and Palm Beach County remains under a state of emergency. Local police departments continue to say they will not enforce individual mask mandates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida