Florida Moves Daily Report To Evening Distribution.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida continues its dangerous ascent into a COVID crisis with no visible leadership from State or Palm Beach County officials. Florida added 4,531 new cases on Sunday with 41 new deaths. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has largely been silent, only to move the Florida Department of Health’s daily report to night, starting now. He has not commented on the rising infection count, death count, or hospital count. 52,019 people have been hospitalized with COVID in Florida since the pandemic began. The state’s one-day positivity rate is 7.95 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 339 new COVID-19 cases were added on Sunday with 5 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, based on Sunday’s report, is 7.55 percent.
There are now 17,559 COVID-19 deaths in Florida with 889,864 infections. In Palm Beach County, 58,754 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 1,627 deaths.
It is unclear why Florida is now reporting numbers in the evening. The change was apparently ordered by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail