Florida Moves Daily Report To Evening Distribution.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida continues its dangerous ascent into a COVID crisis with no visible leadership from State or Palm Beach County officials. Florida added 4,531 new cases on Sunday with 41 new deaths. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has largely been silent, only to move the Florida Department of Health’s daily report to night, starting now. He has not commented on the rising infection count, death count, or hospital count. 52,019 people have been hospitalized with COVID in Florida since the pandemic began. The state’s one-day positivity rate is 7.95 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 339 new COVID-19 cases were added on Sunday with 5 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, based on Sunday’s report, is 7.55 percent.
There are now 17,559 COVID-19 deaths in Florida with 889,864 infections. In Palm Beach County, 58,754 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 1,627 deaths.
It is unclear why Florida is now reporting numbers in the evening. The change was apparently ordered by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs